Do you know your talents and gifts?
What is fulfillment in life? All the self improvement, personal development and breakthroughs you do for yourself are important for your own personal growth, and can be very rewarding.
However, a whole new level of fulfillment in your life can be reached when we find out what your true talent is and share your talent and inner wisdom with others.
Have you thought of the fact that we all play many roles in life where we already teach others?
You may play a teacher role on a daily basis when collaborating with colleagues at work, or leading teams, or you may teach your children how to bake or fold their own laundry.
But the next level is to truly INSPIRE others, and that’s a different story.
When you think about people who made an impact in your life, what stands out?
Selflessness, passion and using and sharing their natural talent.
There’s no need to become someone else before you start sharing your talents. You are here to teach others by just being the person you naturally are.
This quote by Maya Angelou is one of my favorites and very relevant when it comes to expressing your natural talents:
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”.
And by sharing your gifts and talents you cannot go wrong. Your talents are gifts to others and the way you express your talents can only be done by you.
Do you want to feel fulfillment in life?
To know and expand on your true talents through passion for what you do you start teaching others what you already know naturally.
Are you struggling to make the leap to start teaching others by just being you? Or do you simply not know, feel or see how your unique talents could benefit others?
I always focused mostly on my own learning, development and accomplishments before I realized that finding my balance and calm is not just about me learning more and experience more.
It’s about the opportunity learn and to teach at the same time.
It’s about how I decide to show up in the world and what I can teach you by just being me, using my natural talents.
Have you thought about what you are teaching others just by being you?
When you think about work for example, we often focus on teaching others the facts and methods on how to achieve.
We focus less on teaching by the means of how we showing up, how way we handle situations, or how we react to situations.
Think about it.
Personally, in my teens I used to teach kids how to ride a horse. I loved teaching them all the skills of how to ride a horse.
It wasn’t until I was an adult and stepped into a another teacher role as yoga teacher that I realized that I could impact people’s life at a deeper level just by showing up as me.
I realized that I didn’t have to take on a role of viewing myself as the teacher, I could just be me.
Now I’m helping others to connect with themselves and shift their experience of life just by being me, that’s fulfillment in life for me.
Why would it be important for your own happiness and fulfillment in life a to teach e more often, at work, at home, or at the grocery store?
It’s important because you take the focus off yourself when you teach.
The question then becomes:
What do you teach?
How can you be truly helpful to others and to the world?
The good news is that you already ARE teaching others every day, but you may not yet see yourself as a teacher and influencer who can have huge impact on others.
It’s time now to step up and start sharing your wisdom, your talents and gifts that you already have naturally.
The thought that everyone has something to teach is an important principle to help shift your attention from yourself and on to others.
By seeing the opportunity to benefit someone else’s life, you’ll step out of all the reasons for not teaching what you already know.
Here’s a quote from one of my favorite spiritual teachers Dr. Wayne Dyer:
“Become aware that there are no accidents in our intelligent universe. Realize that everything that shows up in your life has something to teach you. Appreciate everyone and everything in your life”.
– Wayne Dyer
If you relate to this concept that everyone you meet is here to teach you something, the same would be true for your unique role in someone else’s life.
The energy that you emit is what you teach.
Your presence is your personal power and the door opener for playing your biggest role in life.
You are here to teach others by just being the person you naturally are. You inspire others just by being you. Without effort and planning.
When you focus on the opportunity to make a difference for someone else, you shift your energy from one of needing acceptance and approval, to the endless stream of fulfillment in life, satisfaction and joy.
To find out what your unique talent is you also have to become a student.
We’re the ultimate teacher and student all in one. Fulfillment in life comes from both teaching and learning at the same time.
So let’s find out your true talent now! Let’s dive into how you find out your talents and gifts!
Think about situations in the past when people came to you for advise. And in what situations currently do people already see you as a teacher naturally?
Write down all the situations that come up. Maybe you have given advise to your family, maybe you find yourself in a teaching role amongst friends or at work every day?
Here are three methods you can explore on how you find out your talents and gifts:
1. Discomfort – Do you believe that we have to get to the point of discomfort before we can teach others?
- Think about it this way – The energy created when you are going through a transformation or moving through discomfort and resistance in a life challenge IS your story. How you handled that is a piece of wisdom for others to learn from.
- Share it. Teach the lessons from your experience.
- Dare to do it, no one else out there can teach from your experience like you do.
2. Knowing your natural energy – We are all in charge of our own energy. Become aware of the energy you give off.
- If you are stressed out, feeling like the world is closing in on you, it’s likely because your focus is on yourself, your own objectives, your own goals and dreams without using your talent to inspire others.
- If you are feeling energized, seeing the opportunity in every situation, it’s likely because your focus is on others and the opportunity to influence the world.
- Expand on where you feel most energized and excited. Your talent that naturally fuels your purpose is not about you, your talent leads to the people you are meant to teach.
3. Community – The ultimate reward and life energy boost comes when you are teaching others.
- Share what lights you up! Teach what you already know. Someone will need your exact version.
- There is always someone in your proximity to receive your teaching, believe it or not. It may be a child, a husband, a colleague, a small group, a large group or a friend. The feeling of being connected when we teach is why humans grow through learning from each other.
It may feel scary to be honest with yourself and witness the truths about how you show up currently. The good news is however, is that you can change how you show up if you’re not liking the way you show up today!
So, now find out what you teach just by being you. Expand it. You are here to teach others by just being the person you naturally are.
- Put yourself out there. Find your own way to communicate and share your talent.
- Detach from the outcome and comparison.
- Fulfillment in life is the reward.
Grow your true talent and watch your happiness grow. Empower people to find their own true talent through what you teach.